Discover some simple Yoga books to understand his philosophy and apply it on a daily basis.
Understanding Yoga is an act that, at Believe Athletics, we consider authentic self-care . Studying the philosophy of life that it celebrates, the values that it respects, the qualities that this ancient practice awakens in you can be considered as real gifts. By studying and understanding Yoga, you are investing time of your life in understanding life. In understanding, from a more authentic and transparent place, the laws of the universe . In investigating, from innocence and curiosity, the most complete reality. More truthful. The one that leads to unity.
We are fortunate that many have been scholars and adherents to this lifestyle: some have devoted their entire lives to spreading its message and making it easy.
There are, today, some simple Yoga books to understand its philosophy and its history. Its fundamental values and principles. His unstoppable message.
Next, we leave you a list of simple Yoga books, which also differ from each other and complement each other.
- The Secret of Yoga (Roach Geshe Michael): This spiritual tale is to let yourself go and cry. Cry with joy and enthusiasm, cry with love and surprise . Through a wonderful story, the author manages to explain the sutras that best reflect the philosophy of Yoga . The story told in this story is emotional and human, simple and easy to understand. Combine the narration with moments that require a little more concentration and reflection. Unveil the ancient wisdom of yoga through a girl with a huge source of wisdom . In the simplest things, in what the intellect is not usually attracted to, because it is so evident, is the secret of happiness. The key to living in peace.
- The Tree of Yoga (BKS Iyengar): through very short chapters and ordered by topic, combining autobiographical paragraphs with episodes that arise from deeper reflection , the great teacher Iyengar explains, in a very entertaining and sincere way, everything it contains. the philosophy of Yoga. And above all, how this wisdom can help us in our day to day . It brings us closer, in a simple and easy way, to the deepest secrets of this ancient practice: it lays down the fundamentals of yoga so that any mortal in Western society can understand them and put them into practice.
- The Wisdom of Yoga (Stephen Cope): This novel-like book teaches the basic principles of Patanjali's Yoga Sutra. It offers an easy on-ramp for the layperson who wants to delve into the somewhat complex wisdom that awaits such beautiful words . It reveals to us what are the root causes of our suffering, how we can achieve freedom and happiness, how we would feel if we were living to our full potential, what the most optimal and fulfilled human life is like...
- My Yoga Journal (Xuan Lan): This journal is perfect for those who want to start a yoga practice at home and need prior knowledge . It is a basic guide, focused on women (although men can also draw from it), to start a daily yoga routine from home. Its development is progressive over time : you start with easy postures and sequences to gradually increase the intensity of the practice.
- Yoga, a lifestyle (Vanesa Lorenzo): this book is very simple, intuitive and basic (it is not as deep as the previous ones). Its intention is clear: to give you the necessary tools to build a basic routine in your day to day and make it a lifestyle . It offers you tips to combine a basic yoga practice with a healthy lifestyle, as well as explaining the asanas (postures) and their breathing in a very easy, tender and friendly way.
Each one of these Yoga books is a very precious gift: you can read them all, little by little, or choose the one that you consider most appropriate for your state of life. For the moment you find yourself. Reading is a great pleasure, as well as being a source of knowledge . Do not be in a hurry to fill yourself with wisdom, because wisdom is acquired gradually . It unfolds without haste. It crystallizes to measure.